HNW - Russian patterns

Anne of Bradford rdwlist at gci.net
Sat Nov 18 12:28:13 PST 2000

I've got two references:

Early Russian Embroidery in the Zagorsk Museum Collection, 1983,
Sovetskaya Russia Publishers.  I couldn't find an ISBN, editor or
author.  Mostly ecclesiastical work from the 15th, 16th and 17th
centuries.  I'd enjoy it even more if I could translate the Russian!
Highly recommended.

Russian Embroidery: Traditional Motifs, 1990, Sovetskaya Rossiya
Publishers, Moscow. ISBN 5-268-00427-I.  18th - 20th C secular work -
towels, head-dresses, shirts, dresses, etc.  Highly recommended for
documentation within the 18th - 20th c, but not much good for late 15th
C.

 - Anne