HNW - beeswax?

Rachael AKA Theodora ladythea at theglobe.com
Sat Nov 18 18:08:26 PST 2000

I prefer not to use beeswax any more, mostly due to the fact that it leaves quite a bit of residue and will yellow over time.  I prefer to use Thread Heaven, which is a readily available silicone based conditioner.  It works quite well on silk threads and metallic threads.  You just have to make sure you coat it well.
-Thea

---
SCA: Lady Theodora of Trebizond
     Barony of Sentinels' Keep, Kingdom
     of Artemisia
Modern:  Rachael Emborg , Missoula MT, USA

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 03:04:28   SLH1500 wrote:
>I am considering using hand spun silk for embroidery but I am concerned about
>it fraying. Has anyone ever used beeswax on silk thread? Would it keep the
>silk from fraying from passing it through the fabric? Thanks. sh

theglobe.com
  Your friendly full-service integrated online community.
  http://www.theglobe.com