HNW - beeswax?

leif drews drewscph at post12.tele.dk
Sun Nov 19 11:26:08 PST 2000

Hello.
I had that problem two when i started to embroider my 1770 suit. But then i
doubled the length of the thread, bented the half length to a doubble thread put
the loop in the needle eye and then take the needle trough this loop so that you
make a kind of knot at the needle eye.
Then you embroider with a doubble thread without and end and this makes the
thread not fraying. At least when i embroider!
Hope you get my mening!

Bjarne.

Anne of Bradford wrote:

> I'm currently working on a set of silk banners for my lord and myself,
> using Splendour silk floss, a single strand at a time.  I'm running the
> silk through beeswax, and it does seem to be helping to stop the
> fraying.  I also use relatively short lengths of thread, about 14" in
> length at the max.
>
>  - anne
>
> SLH1500 at aol.com wrote:
> >
> > I am considering using hand spun silk for embroidery but I am
> > concerned about
> > it fraying. Has anyone ever used beeswax on silk thread? Would it keep
> > the
> > silk from fraying from passing it through the fabric? Thanks. sh

Leif Drews
Åboulevard 5, 3 th
1635  København V

Bjarne Drews