HNW - facsimiles

Dorothy & Lou dotlou at ix.netcom.com
Mon Nov 20 07:20:49 PST 2000

Don't know if anyone mentioned this book. I just picked it up at EGA
Seminar in October. Don't ask what I paid!
A SCHOLE-HOUSE FOR THE NEEDLE
Produced from the original book printed in 1632 (and now in the private
collection of John and Elizabeth Mason) by Richard Shorleyker
c. 1998 Published and produced by RJL SMITH & Associates Much Wenlock
Shropshire (whew!)
ISBN 1 872665 72 1
According to the intro-this version has more pages than the V&A copy of
the same date and the 1624 version by the Bodlein Library. This book was
intended for the lacer and embroidery.There are 3 intro's, one by the
person publishing it, one by the Director England's EGA, and the last by
S Levy(formerlyof the V&A) who gives a short dialogue of books available
then, was we know now, (2 of the designs are on textiles at the V&A),
and reseach on-going with a tiny Bib.