[HNW] "The Needlework of Mary Queen of Scots"

Carolyn Kayta Barrows kayta at frys.com
Thu Dec 27 22:09:16 PST 2001

I used to own it.  It's a look at the needlework Mary Queen of Scots
actually did while 'a guest' of the English Queen.  It has some background
on contemporary embroidery, including what they had for kits in those days,
on contemporary embroidery pattern sources, and on the pieces and the
embroiderers themselves.  As I recall it has some pictures clear enough
that you can see stitches.

If you're looking for a recommendation as to whether or not to buy yourself
a copy, go for it.  I gave mine to someone as a gift, but have missed it since.