[HNW] "The Needlework of Mary Queen of Scots"

Carolyn Kayta Barrows kayta at frys.com
Fri Dec 28 21:58:59 PST 2001

>I found my book through Albris.   It was hard to find.   They have a website.

>>I used to own it.

-snip-

  I gave mine to someone as a gift, but have missed it
>>since.

I miss it most when someone asks questions about that period's embroidery.
That's the book which mentioned that drawers appeared in MQS's clothing
inventories, and that she used 'embroidery kits' for some things (with a
one-off drawing already on the cloth, and the thread bundled with it).  I
mostly do German Ren. these days, so I don't really need the book anymore.
But it was very nice and had good pictures.

Kayta
   //// \\\