[HNW] new year's costume resolutions

Carolyn Kayta Barrows kayta at frys.com
Sun Dec 30 15:52:03 PST 2001

One of my costume resolutions this year is to have my Dickens' Fair bodice,
still unfinished from this year, finished by March 1.  My Fair character
was Eleanor Creesy, navigator of the clipper ship Flying Cloud.  For
Women's History Month (March) I want to do first-person presentations as
Mrs. Creesy, properly dressed and with a down-East accent, at the San
Francisco Maritime National Historical Park (like on the deck of the
square-rigger 'Balclutha').  From 1854 till 1989 the Flying Cloud held the
record for fastest passage from New York to San Francisco (89 days 8 hours,
under sail, and around Cape Horn).

My other costume resolution is to make a dress pattern from the 1880's
original a friend gave me (she wants to wear a copy that she can wash).

What costume resolutions do other people have?

Kayta
   //// \\\