[HNW] new year's costume resolutions

amreid@qbe.com.au amreid at qbe.com.au
Sun Dec 30 16:01:13 PST 2001

Kayta asked:

"What costume resolutions do other people have?"

Whew, OK so here goes.

My New Year Costume Resolutions

Finish the purpley-mushroom coloured men's Elizabethan doublet and paned slops I
am currently working on.  (Based on a set worn by Robert Dudley, the doublet has
a sloping slash from shoulder to waist, held partly closed by buttons, and
vertical lines of gold braid on a background of horizontal and diagonal lines of
couched fine gold cord.  The original is russet red and the arm hole and waist
tabs are round scallop shapes.  Very festive looking, and complicated!)

Finish the Turkish Morning Gown (from Alecga's 1586 pattern book) to go with the
above set.  It's a long gown with small hood, and long hanging sleeves in a dark
grey and mushroom patterned velvet with a black shag lining.

Get the Ceremonial Cloaks for our SCA group's first Kingdom Investiture finished
on time and budget.

A black and scarlet men's Elizabethan doublet, paned slops and short cloak for
our SCA group's first Kingdom Investiture event.

2 more shirts with neck and wrist ruffs.

Some more 'middle class' type Elizabethan clothes in linen for camping events,
based on the skirted Spanish style doublets in Alcega's pattern book.

... I could keep on going but that's the short list!

Andrew
Sydney, Australia
(SCA - Bartolomeo Agazzari)