[HNW] new year's costume resolutions

Mary M. Riedel mmriedel at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 31 18:40:02 PST 2001

| 5.  Oh, and hide all of my embroidery and sewing supplies from the
| cats....I woke up this a.m. to find myself completely wrapped in several
| dollars' worth of linen thread--all over me, the bed, the
| bedroom....thanks to the kitten, probably...

Just a word of caution about string, etc. and cats.  If they start chewing
and swallowing ait nd can't stop and pull it out (they can't) they will
ingest the whole thing and it could cause serious problems.  A good impetus
idea for keeping it all put away.  Needles also.  My beloved cat once
inadvertenly got one caught in her mouth because she was playing with the
floss it was attacahed to and started swallowing and couldn't stop.  Luckily
my daughter was around to rush her to the emergency room or we would have
lost her.  I now use one of those magnet wands and carefully check the area
around where I stitch to be sure nothing gets by me.

Your darned blackwork shirt sounds wonderful.

Happy New Year all!

MaryR
Toluca Lake, CA