[HNW] new year's costume resolutions

Connie Marie Carroll Connie.Bunny at worldnet.att.net
Mon Dec 31 23:52:44 PST 2001


Yes, it can be dangerous. We were extremely lucky when my one of my over 1
year old kitties swallowed a needle and thread. The vet had us fed him
Vaseline and it passed thru his system without any damage. The vet said
there were cases of having to do surgery.

Take care of your little furry ones, as they aren't bright enough at times
to take care of themselves.

And people wonder why I don't have kids!

Mistress Bunny
mother of 5 furry ones - just lost one.

-----Original Message-----
From: h-needlework-admin at ansteorra.org
[mailto:h-needlework-admin at ansteorra.org]On Behalf Of Mary M. Riedel
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2001 9:40 PM
To: h-needlework at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [HNW] new year's costume resolutions


| 5.  Oh, and hide all of my embroidery and sewing supplies from the
| cats....I woke up this a.m. to find myself completely wrapped in several
| dollars' worth of linen thread--all over me, the bed, the
| bedroom....thanks to the kitten, probably...

Just a word of caution about string, etc. and cats.  If they start chewing
and swallowing ait nd can't stop and pull it out (they can't) they will
ingest the whole thing and it could cause serious problems.  A good impetus
idea for keeping it all put away.  Needles also.  My beloved cat once
inadvertenly got one caught in her mouth because she was playing with the
floss it was attacahed to and started swallowing and couldn't stop.  Luckily
my daughter was around to rush her to the emergency room or we would have
lost her.  I now use one of those magnet wands and carefully check the area
around where I stitch to be sure nothing gets by me.

Your darned blackwork shirt sounds wonderful.

Happy New Year all!

MaryR
Toluca Lake, CA





More information about the H-needlework mailing list