HNW - Anchors metallic threads

leif drews drewscph at post12.tele.dk
Mon Jan 1 04:58:22 PST 2001

Dear listmemembers

I wish you all a happy newyear, thanks for your help in the old year.
I have started a new project, the reconstruction of a barok dress after
a painting from 1660.
This barokdress consist of a boned bodice and a skirt. The bodice and
skirt are to be decorated with silverlace i have made myself. I have
tryed several different metallic threads for this lace, and i have
desided to use Anchors Lamé embroidery thread. It comes in skeins with
10 meters each. As the thread is much two thick for use, i have
unwounded the skein. It consists of 12 threads, and it is very late to
unwind this thread. I did one skein and it took me 6 hours.
Now i have ben thinking about contacting the factory in Germany?, but i
have not found any online at the web.
Does anybody know where i could contact them?
It would be much easyer for me to buy unwinded thread from them, and
dont you think i could?
How do one know wich size the thread is? If every skein consist of 12
threads, wich size would the single thread be then? This is if i could
get other thread in stead!
-- I am rather desperate in this, the making of the lace alone would
take me months, but it really would be easyer if i could get my hands on
some thread that i dont have to unwind!

Thanks in advance :-)

Bjarne in Denmark.

Leif Drews