HNW - Irish Crochet

Etain1263@aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Wed Jan 3 08:31:29 PST 2001

  I've never made anything with Irish crochet..just played around with it
some.  Mostly because I remember as a child:  my grandmother used to make the
rose motifs...sort of as "granny squares"..but the layered  Irish
ones...added leaves to the edges and finished them square to make into
bedspreads (which for some reason no one can find!!!).  She kept tiny dolls
in her crochet basket..and when a granddaughter was around..she would give us
a doll..and one of the flowers for a "dress"...head thru the hole, arms under
the first row of petals..  They were wonderful!

Etain