HNW - Irish Crochet

Etain1263@aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Wed Jan 3 13:31:45 PST 2001

In a message dated 01/03/2001 4:25:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Connie.Bunny at worldnet.att.net writes:

<< I have a yarn afghan that was made for my Mother with a rose in the center
 of each motif and them "squared" out. I'm sure I've seen a pattern somewhere
 for it.  >>

I've seen these...even made one with a different flower than a rose!  But
what my grandmother made was of Lily ecru #20 thread...and was a true layered
Irish Rose motif! ( I still have some of her thread...and a few of the
dolls).  The dolls are about an inch high...sitting..arms
outstretched...plastic.  I think they can be obtained in a bag of several..or
at least they used to be!  ::sigh::  I have no daughters...and no
granddaughters (yet!....and not for at LEAST 5 years!) so I haven't had to
opportunity to pass the tradition on!  (and 5 nephews...no nieces!  ::grump::)

Etain