HNW - 'lacis' panel in Edinburgh

Robert Romberger jestar at webworldinc.com
Wed Jan 3 13:37:25 PST 2001

SNSpies at aol.com wrote:

> On page 32 of Margaret Swain's book, "The Needlework of Mary Queen of Scots",
> there is a photograph of a 16th-century panel of 'lacis' made up of joined
> rectangles.  It is in the Royal Scottish Museum in Edinburgh.
> My question is this:  has there been any publication of the graphs for these
> rectangles?

    I'm not certain of the patterns you are talking about (don't have that
book).  However, I do have a period pattern book you might want to check out.  I
found my copy on Amazon.com

Renaissance Patterns for Lace, Embroidery and Needlepoint
An unabridged facsimile of the "Singuliers et nouveaux pourtraicts" of 1587
by Federico Vinciolo
ISBN 0-486-22438-4

--
J*