Dolls and no daughters (was Re: HNW - Irish Crochet)

Penny Ladnier costumegallery at home.com
Thu Jan 4 00:44:47 PST 2001

I finally have a daughter after having five sons.  I thought I was going to
pass on my sewing ability to her.  <<<CHOKE>>>  She does not have the
patience for that.  But I can tell you she has a flare for fashion.  She has
always played with her dolls, switching clothes as fast as possible.  She
loves to do hair.  Now she has switched from dolls to real people.

Last summer I took her with me on two dressing jobs with me.  She is nine
years old.  She is the best runner making it easily pass hoops.  She is also
great at buttoning and hoops.  She can pull laces on corsets easily too.
Now it is hard to get out of the house without meeting her inspection.

Her latest thing is doing hair.  She recently fixed my hair in a beautiful
French twist for a formal party I went to.  She tries out hairstyles on her
brothers, Dad, me, and all her friends.

So I didn't teach her to sew, but she has learned other things.

Penny Ladnier
The Costume Gallery
http://www.costumegallery.com