HNW - kids and sewing/needlework (was Re: Dolls and no daughters)

Carolyn Kayta Barrows kayta at slip.net
Thu Jan 4 11:22:47 PST 2001

My almost-17-year-old wants to design fashionable clothes and, of course,
wear them.  She does no needlework.  She claims she knows how to sew but
nothing yet is worth sewing (not if she can get me to do it, that is).  She
does theatre in school, and is continually wangling me into helping out
there.  I have designed the costumes for two of her plays, and have sewn
several costume pieces for her.

My almost-13-year-old does living history and science fiction costume
events with me, and is learning several historical needlework techniques.
OTOH, she wears whatever mundane clothes come to hand, which exasperates
her well-dressed sister.

>I would love to know who has children who are picking up the costume passion
>from you.

Kayta
     ////.\\\
     |   -- ))))