HNW - Threads and such

Jennifer Crimmins elbereth5778 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 6 00:15:44 PST 2001

Thanks for the info.  I think the information on the page you refered to on
12th century embroidery patterns is actually from Norris or at least most of
the pictures that are on that site are.  I was already planning to use a
hoop and do the embroidery as a separate piece because that seemed the most
logical way to do it.  BTW, what are Q-snaps?  I've never heard of them
before.  For the garb I'm working on now, I'm just going to do the collar
and the cuffs, but I eventually want to do the hems as well and I'm trying
to figure out the best method for sewing longer pieces of fabric without
using a hoop so my stitches don't get crushed.  I am actually planning to
use knotwork for this project, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had
any ideas.  Again, thanks.

Jenn :)
Dar-Carthaind
Barony of Bhakail, East Kingdom