HNW - quotations from literature and poetry

Whiteworks judy at white-works.com
Sat Jan 6 10:58:29 PST 2001

for Nancy:

I've been collecting quotes about sewing/embroidery for a while now to use
in my book.  I've found great ones in the introductions of various
needlework books, not to mention magazines, novels, listening to lectures,
on message boards and newsletters!!

Thomasina Beck, Elizabeth Zimmerman, and Erica Wilson are personal
favorites.  Their philosophies and cheerful personalities seem to come
through their books.

{{If you find time to read, keep a notebook handy.   I could cry at all I've
misplaced.  The notebook also reminds me to read with "quote hunting" in
mind.  It's so easy to miss good ones.  :)  Good luck.}}

Judy Ritter

http://www.white-works.com