HNW - historic needlework places in Oregon?

Betsy Perry betsyp at roguewave.com
Thu Jan 11 06:35:11 PST 2001

It's not specifically historic, but I thoroughly enjoy visiting Artistic
Needles on Hawthorne Street in Salem.  Caters to all sorts of needlework
(tatting, embroidery, knitting), has a very well-informed proprietor, and is
full of generally cool stuff.

My last visit, I picked up some Danish and Danish-style counted needlework
charts, including one that specified all colors as DMC flower threads, which
have been discontinued.  The proprietor helped me to create new color
schemes in DMC Madeira for one and Soie D'Alger for the other.

---
Elizabeth Hanes Perry
Rogue Wave Software