HNW - Interesting sites

Kim Salazar kbsalazar at mediaone.net
Sat Mar 3 12:23:08 PST 2001

HNWers,

Some interesting sties I've stumbled across while Web-walking:

TABLET WEAVING
I don't know if this site has been mentioned here before, but I do know
that there are some tablet weavers out there who might be interested.  The
author details a method for planning one's tablet weaving patterns using
commonly available spreadsheet software:

http://members.nbci.com/tabletweaver/tabletweaver/

PIX - 17th CENTURY NEEDLE AND BOBBIN LACES (later lace, too)
These are actually for sale.  I've got no affiliation with the sellers, I'm
listing them here just for the gawking value of the posted snapshots:

http://www.victoriana.com/antiques/accsor.html

PIX - CIVIL WAR ERA HAND-KNIT COTTON MEN'S STOCKINGS
Ditto on the disclaimer cited above.  A pair of men's cotton stockings, mid
19th century.  General info about these and other stockings at:

http://www.victoriana.com/antiques/accsor.html

Amazing detail photos of these socks, good enough to knit from:
http://www.victoriana.com/antiques/men/M113.htm

Kim Salazar
kbsalazar at mediaone.net
http://www.wiseneedle.com