HNW - Tablet weaving

dibba@mindspring.com dibba at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 19 04:53:04 PST 2001

Greetings,

I'm new to the list, and have just been lurking a bit. I'm really
interested in learning how to do tablet weaving - but only the kind
where pictures, letters, etc., are created - dark and light
patterning?  I've spun a ton of silk, and would like to do something
other than needlework or lace for which I've used it in the past.
Years ago, I got a kit that contained some tablets and a book by
Candace Crockett, which I just recently opened, and tried the first
band.  No problems with it, but not what I want to do.  When I looked
farther on in the book, I did see some explanation for the dark and
light patterning, but it is a bit confusing.  I've looked at some web
sites, but haven't found anything that really shows one what to do.
I think I need to see a pattern - with instructions - where pictures
and or letters appear. If I can do it once with a pattern, I think
I'll have it.

Does anyone know where I might find such information?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Elisabeth