HNW - Blackwork Article

Megan McConnell madilayn at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 15:07:38 PST 2001

Hi everybody

I am currently preparing an article on Blackwork
(mostly for my BellaOnline site, but also doing
research for a piece for the Worshipful Company of
Broiderers here in Lochac).  I have done a lot of
research, but what I would like is to get impressions
of embroiderers on what they feel Blackwork is.

What I am getting together is what you think makes
Blackwork Blackwork.  Is it the texture, colour, or
something else.

I have asked this on the Blackwork embroidery list,
and am now spreading it out further to get as many

I cna be contacted privately on madilayn at yahoo.com or
at embroidery at bellaonline.com.

Thank you

Megan.