HNW - 15th/16th c. embroidery

Avien Avien-Diora at excite.com
Tue Mar 20 21:45:18 PST 2001

Hi all.
I hoping to get some help.  I'm sort of new to embroidering, I do some
cross-stitch and a few other things.  Anyway, I'm making another set of
RenFest costumes and I would like to embroider them.  I'm looking at late
15th and early 16th c.  I have quite a few books on order through ILL and
I'm always happy to order a few more.  Basically, I was hoping someone could
recommend books or other sources for historically accurate embroidery.  I
know blackwork was used but after reading some of the recent messages, I
think the books I ordered won't work.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.

Avien