HNW - Metal thread supplies

Sarah Randles s-randles at adfa.edu.au
Mon Mar 26 00:18:34 PST 2001

Andrew wrote:
>Does anyone know of a supplier of metal threads for goldwork in the southern
>hemisphere?

Years ago I managed to buy some real metal threads, including purl, from an
importer in Sydney with an extremely unlikely name like Cornwall Shipping.
A very odd place, a tiny shop somewhere near (I think) Hunter and York
Streets, run by an elderly, severely visually impaired lady. I really can't
remember any useful details, but I bet someone from the (mundane)
Embroiderers' Guild would know, and know if the shop is still in existence.

>I'm looking to try my hand at it for a competition that is coming up.

I'm very glad to hear it!

Sarah
Sarah Randles
s-randles at adfa.edu.au

Australian National Dictionary Centre
Australian National University
ACT 0200
Phone: (02) 6125 0476 Fax: (02) 6125 0475
(On Thursdays and Fridays, I am at the School of English, ADFA on Ph: (02)
6268 8842, same e-mail address.)