HNW - Tristan quilt (long)

Carol Thomas scbooks at neca.com
Mon Mar 26 11:09:04 PST 2001

The Staniland book is currently out of print.  It was published by the
University of Toronto, IIRC.  Sometimes they still have a few copies after
they declare it oop and stop selling to retailers (like me).  There may
also be copies in bookstores which have not sold out yet.  I do not know if
Devra at Poison Pen has any left.

 <info at utpress.utoronto.ca> might be a way to contact them the publisher.
Also, this lets them know that there is still interest, and may encourage a
reprint (I hope).

At 10:01 AM 03/26/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Where did you find this book?
>
>Mistress Bunny
>>
>> Roberta wrote:
>> >I am trying to figure out how to recreate the Sicilian Tristan
>> quilt.I just
>> >bought Kay Stanilands book, "The Embroiderers".I finally got to
>> see pictures
>> >of what the quilt looks like but they are in black and white.Having read
>> >verbal descriptions of the quilt doesn't make the colors specific
>> >enough.Brownish and various shades of green just aren't
>> descriptive enough
>> >to recreate the quilt.Can anyone give me some DMC floss #'s, or a color
>> >source of pictures?

Carllein

Small Churl Books catalog: <http://users.neca.com/scbooks/>
Last updated:  Nov. 2000