HNW - Mucking Huge Tapestry

Jafath@aol.com Jafath at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 20:33:16 PST 2001

After reading all of the responses that had landed at reading time <g> I went
back and read the original post again. And I wondered why you needed to
applique the small-scale areas at all. I solved a similar problem by
treating the Aida as if I were working over two threads on linen -- and
plunged my needle into the center of the "crossover" to divide it into four
stitches where one had been. Granted, this isn't real easy (it's much easier
with hardanger, but I gather it's a little late for that <g>) but it can't be
more effort than working the slips, appliqueing them on, and hiding the
edges. You'd have to use three strands instead of six, of course, and I found
a huge darning needle a big help at getting that hole centered where no hole
wanted to be.

Yes, I hate applique. In any textile or technique.

Jo Anne