HNW - Values of used books

RowanA@aol.com RowanA at aol.com
Sat Mar 31 12:34:13 PST 2001

As a newbie to all this, where can one find values of used books on
needlework?  Can anyone tell me if the following was a good deal: at a small
beachside used book store out here in California, which specialized in
militaria and war books, I found a used hardcover copy of "American
Needlework" by Georgiana Brown Harbeson (copyright 1938 by Coward-McCann, but
obviously a reprint by Bonanza Books, no reprint date given) in excellent
condition, with perfect dustjacket, for $10.  Right beside it was a
trade-sized paperback copy of "Old-Time Tools and Toys of Needlework" by
Gertrude Whiting (Dover 1971 edition of the original 1928 book "Tools and
Toys of Stitchery"), in good condition (a few rubs on the cover) for $5.
Both are very interesting books --  but do they have any value over and above
what I paid for them?  Thanks for any insights!  :-) Mary