reproductions, was Re: [HNW] Ducerceau

Lynn Carpenter alwen at i2k.com
Sat Feb 2 13:27:47 PST 2002

Leif Drews <drewscph at post12.tele.dk> wrote:

[snip] it would be a very good idea to make a reproduktion because nobody
>has any use of a book that valuable, that noone could see. Is this the
>case in other libraries? Do they make reproduktions maybe microfilms or
>something of the old treassures?

I don't know about needlework books, but the Michigan State University
library here in the USA maintains a collection of hundreds of books about
illuminated manuscripts, which are all reproductions of the original
manuscripts.
<http://www.lib.msu.edu/coll/main/finearts/illum.htm>

Isn't this a wonderful idea?  When I'm Queen of the World, I'm having *all*
of those rare books reproduced  . . . at least, the ones that can handle
the exposure of reproducing them.  :)

Lynn Carpenter in SW Michigan, USA
alwen at i2k.com