[HNW] Question

Diane Sawyer tasha_medvedeva at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 22:44:27 PST 2002

--- "Mary M. Riedel" <mmriedel at mindspring.com> wrote:
>   Printed transfers are not period, tho
> | pictures drawn on cloth, to be embroidered, are.
> But researching by
> e-mail
> | isn't period either, so we all do what we can.
>
> Good jousting you guys!  And great info.
>
> MaryR

I wasn't trying to "joust," nor be snarky, so if
anyone was offended, I'm sorry.  Such was not my
intent.  I didn't realize that counted-thread
cross-stitch was period, but I admit that my research
into cross-stitch has been somewhat restricted to
Eastern Europe, and not much of it.  When I decided to
concentrate on late 12th/early 13th century Mongolia
and Rus, I pretty much gave up on cross-stitch as a
stitch choice -- Chinese embroidery is heavy on satin
stitch and variants thereof.

Tasha