[HNW] free hand drawing techniques

Megan McConnell madilayn at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 18:57:23 PST 2002

Acacia

On a list somewhere (or in a book - can't remember
which) there was a mention of tracing paper you could
get that already had that grid on it.

Does anybody on the list know of this?

Megan
--- Chris d'Aquino <acacia63 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Bjarne
>
> Congradulations!
>
> I have had to make free hand drawings before and one
> technique which I have
> found useful is to make up some paper with a grid (I
> use a one centimeter
> grid) and photocopy some spares, then photocopy the
> same grid onto an OHP
> transparency.
>
> Then when I am drawing it I put the OHP transparency
> over the picture in the
> book and using the grid on the paper I can get a
> picture which is pretty
> much to scale and the proportion of the original.
>
> This is especially true for early period pieces
> who's perspective can be
> very challenging to draw correctly as I have been
> taught to draw in humanist
> scale.
>
> Just thought you might like to know
>
> Acacia
> (Chris d'Aquino)
> St Florian, Lochac, West Kingdom
>

> >From: amreid at qbe.com.au
> >To: h-needlework at ansteorra.org
> >Subject: Re: [HNW] Juppie Yeah!!!
> >Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:40:11 +1100
> >
> >Bjarne wrote:
> >
> >"I got a reply from the library. I am allowed to
> come and se the old books,
> >and
> >i am allowed to make freehand drawings of them.
> Yuppie
> >yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
> >
> >Congratulations!  Have a nice time, and if you find
> anything really
> >interesting
> >be sure and let us know!
> >
> >Andrew
> >Sydney, Australia
> >(SCA - Bartolomeo Agazzari)

> To laugh often and much; to win the respect of
> intelligent
> people and the affection of children...to leave the
> world
> a better place...to know even one life has breathed
> easier
> because you have lived.  This is to have succeeded.
> - Ralph Waldo Emerson

=====
Megan McConnell
ICQ:  57164109

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's  so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."    -G. Stoddart