[HNW] Re: Long Stitch

Carol Knight carol.knight at chsys.org
Wed Feb 27 06:24:39 PST 2002

OK, American Football fan speaking up, here.
Rosie Greer is Roosevelt Greer, one of the Fearsome Foursome of the Raiders,
a professional Football team.
That was when the Raiders were in California, back in the 60's, early 70's.
The 'Fearsome Foursome' were the defensive line's front four, whose job was
to, hunt down the quarterback (offensive main guy) and make him eat the
ball.
Their combined weight was over 1000 pounds.
Rosie is well over 6 feet, and is still somewhat heavy set.
Frankly, he is huge and rather mean-looking, but his looks totally belay the
reality. Off the Football field, he is the epitome of gentleness and
manners.

So, no, I doubt very seriously if anyone ever teases him about his name<G>or
his hobby.
Not if they have any sense, that is.....

Roscelin
Whose biggest disappointment growing up was finding out that girls couldn't
play football 'for the Bear' at University of Alabama