Fwd: [HNW] new year's costume resolutions

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Jan 1 11:12:20 PST 2002

Oooh...that sounds like _my_ Italian smock....I'm doing blackwork in
stripes (about 60 repeats per stripe), with a rough total of 1200 or so
repeats total for sleeves and body.  I'm using a 16th century pattern I
found in _Piecework_ a few years ago.  It takes me about 2 months to do
a stripe, so I've been working on it a LONG time (have the sleeves done,
and am working on the first of the two body pieces).  Sometimes I get
really, really tired of doing the same thing over and over, but it'll
sure look spiff when it's done.
What pattern are you using? is it linear like mine? or are you doing one
of those wonderful flowers/leaves things, with all the filling patterns?
--Sue