[HNW] Advice on books

amreid@qbe.com.au amreid at qbe.com.au
Tue Jan 1 13:49:35 PST 2002

Liz wrote:

"RENAISSANCE PATTERNS FOR LACE AND EMBROIDERY, Federico Vinciolo"

Liz, I can recommend this one.  Is it lace patterns you are primarily interested
in?  Vinciolo has quite a few lace patterns and lots of charted designs that can
be used for lacis, cross stitch etc.  (I am using the 'Pelican in Piety' design
from Vinciolo as the starting point with some modifications for my design for
the Order of the Pelican badges I am putting on the new Lochac ceremonial cloaks
for when our SCA group goes Kingdom later this year.)

I haven't seen any of the others though.

Happy New Year everyone.

Andrew
Sydney, Australia
(SCA - Bartolomeo Agazzari)