[HNW] What do I use???

Jenn Ridley jridley at chartermi.net
Thu Jan 3 11:58:27 PST 2002

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 12:25:25 -0600, Carol Knight
<carol.knight at chsys.org> wrote:

>I also have a needlepushing problem. I have tried thimbles, but those metal
>ones just feel ackward and they don't 'push right' for me. I know I need
>something, because the last project, I managed to draw blood with the eye
>end of the needle!
>Has anyone tried those leather thimbles that they sell for quilters?

There are *lots* of different thimbles out there for quilters.  I love
my "nimble thimble"...it's big enough that it doesn't slide off my
finger, has a slot so a longer fingernail can poke out the top w/o
breaking, and, best of all, has a metal plate under the leather, so
you get the protection of a metal thimble with the grip of a leather.
Cats *love* to play with them, though, so either get two or a box to
put it in....

Go to your local quilting store, and see what they have.  Heck, check
the quilting notions section of JoAnn/Hancock Fabrics...that's where I
got my last one.

NAYY

jenn
--