[HNW] Thimbles (was What do I use???)

Carolyn Kayta Barrows kayta at frys.com
Fri Jan 4 10:21:52 PST 2002

Eventually you will wear a hole in a leather thimble and have to replace
it, which starts costing money after a while.  It took me about 3 weeks of
constant use to use up mine.  What I went to was one of the ring-shaped
ones with the top missing.  (The cheap and adjustable ones from the
Japanese embroidery supply stores are best.)  That way I could have long
fingernails, feel the fabric right thru the thimble, and not have
chopped-up fingertips.  (Nowadays there are quilters' thimbles of various
sorts which also solve this problem.)

>I also have a needlepushing problem. I have tried thimbles, but those metal
>ones just feel ackward and they don't 'push right' for me. I know I need
>something, because the last project, I managed to draw blood with the eye
>end of the needle!
>Has anyone tried those leather thimbles that they sell for quilters?

Kayta
   //// \\\