[HNW] frame

LalahTT@aol.com LalahTT at aol.com
Fri Jan 18 12:52:06 PST 2002

Bjarne, If you are using silk fabric it would be a really good idea to
strengthen the outside edges by stitching on some muslin or other firm fabric
-- then you can stitch through both fabrics to attach it to the canvas.  And
you will want to lace the sides to the sides of your frame or the whole thing
will sort of draw up and get out of shape.  I hope you enjoy using yours.  I
got one, but find that I am too lazy to want to sit up nice and straight and
work on embroidery, so I went back to using the hoops and lounging back in
the chair with my feet up on a footstool.  You are used to sitting properly
doing your lace, so it will probably work beautifully for you.  The only
trick to remember is that the fabric needs to be tight with the same amount
of pull on the sides as the top and bottom.  Hope that makes some kind of
sense.  I love embroidery, but find the hoops work better for me.  Enjoy your
new toy.

Lalah
Never Give up, Never Surrender,