[HNW] Designs, Period.

Kim Salazar kbsalazar at mediaone.net
Mon Jan 21 06:48:37 PST 2002

HNWers,

My good friend Caryl de Trecesson (Carol Hanson) has asked me to pass an
announcement along to the company here.

For those of you unfamiliar with her work, Lady Carol is an exceptionally
talented calligrapher, illuminator, actor, cook, and needleworker.  Her
book "Designs, Period" is an well-researched compilation of charts for
attractive borders, motifs, alphabets, heraldic charges, and SCA-specific
Kingdom and award arms.  I enjoy her work immensely.  She is now making her
book available for free (no strings attached) via the Web.

Even if you are not an SCA-affiliated person into needlework, the
DragonBear site is well worth visiting.  Not only do Caryl and her
equally-talented husband Kali Harlansson (Caleb Hanson) offer up Caryl's
needlework patterns, they also host Kali's wonderfully informative and
entertaining articles on history and life in the Middle Ages; plus
costuming plates, information useful for historical re-enactors who camp in
costume, collections of on-line graphics, and more.

Here's Caryl's note:

>Greetings to all,
>
>I have given up.  More than two years after putting the box of old
>"Designs, Period." in storage, I still can't find them to mail out to
>peoplerequesting copies.  So my third edition (1996) of "Designs, Period."
>is now free, on-line, all 50 plates and 250+ counted-square patterns of
>medieval, Renaissance, and heraldic designs.  Some are my original
>interpretations; many were charted from period pieces.  I hope they may be
>of use. :-)
>
>You can get there from our main page at http://www.dragonbear.com
>or more directly from http://www.dragonbear.com/dperiod.html.
>
>- Caryl de Trecesson/Carol Hanson