[HNW] Ducerceau, Paul Androuet

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Jan 31 07:00:38 PST 2002

Hi, Bjarne....I would imagine that the permissions to see old
manuscripts, books, etc. vary enormously from library to library and
museum to museum.  Access might be restricted to use in a certain room,
say, or under certain conditions.  I'd put on your best "I'm an
independent costume/lace/needlework researcher" hat, and ask your
particular libraries. Mention your website, and your research, and your
teaching.....According to a friend of mine, who's senior curator at our
local historical museum, it "looks" better to the libraries and museums
whose materials you're trying to access if you present yourself as
professionally as possible, instead of coming off as
joe-blow-from-the-street, which I don't see you doing, anyways.....
(and that first book sounds absolutely droolsome,by the way)
Good luck,
Sue