[HNW] Cross Stitch Pre 1600

Skinner Linn skinner02 at sprynet.com
Wed Sep 4 10:08:27 PDT 2002

The authors/editors seem to have their ducks in a row in the text in
general.  Have included stitch diagrams for several sorts of embroidery and
state that this is one of the earliest pieces of cross stitch in Switzerland
after the earlier use of Klosterstitch for wool embroideries  They do show
diagrams of the various long armed cross stitches used in differing cultures
so I have an idea they knew their cross stitch.  In other instances in the
book, they indicate long armed cross stitch was used.

Linn