[HNW] Period crochet

claning@igc.org claning at igc.org
Wed Sep 18 11:28:10 PDT 2002

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:40:41 +0200 Janine Walker <JANINEW at za.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hail the list!
>
> I am interested in period crochet work.  Does
> anyone have any information
> on this for me or can anyone give me some
> guidance on where to start?

Depending on what your period is..... If it's before about 1800, take a look
at:

This is the best research I've been able to come up with -- always subject to
correction of course.

If it's after 1800, I'd recommend Lis Paludan's _Crochet: History and
Techniques_. (I don't have full book info because I'm at work and the book's
at home, and I seem to recall hearing it had gone out of print, but it should
still be findable used if not new.)

Regards,
Chris Laning