[HNW] Blackwork patterns library

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Thu Sep 19 05:47:36 PDT 2002

Dear Drea and List:

Thanks so much for letting us know about Claudette's gorgeous blackwork
patterns. One of the sources she used is one I'm very familiar with:

< Hans Hofer's Formbüchlein, Augsburg, 1545. Reprinted in 1913 as
"Zwickauer Facsimiledrucke No. 23" by S. Zwickau, Verlag von F. Ullmann.
(Facsimile) Book located in an unnamed Chicago library. >

There is a copy of this 1913 facsimile at Temple University's library, I
believe (Mathilde, help me out here!) The facsimile I worked from was at
the Philadelphia Library -- Main Branch. It was published in 1968. I
briefly  had photocopies available of this some time ago (1990) but since
they didnt' sell, I stopped. (sorry List!).

--Kathryn
SCA:  Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"