[HNW] Re: OT: New Books

claning@igc.org claning at igc.org
Thu Sep 19 10:46:33 PDT 2002

I also noticed a couple of other (even LESS related to needlework...) howlers
in "The Poyson Garden" (though it's fun to read).

(1) It's implied that something flavored with saffron uses saffron _leaves_
(NOT!)

(2) Sir Henry Carey is not and never was "Lord Carey", especially not before
Elizabeth takes the throne. After her coronation she gave him a barony, making
him Lord Hunsdon, but as a knight he's just plain "Sir Henry."