[HNW] Rumor control--could someone please verify?

Dawn Jacobson dme_maud at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 26 12:32:48 PDT 2002

Information was passed along to me that Kaethe, the founder/owner of Lacis
in Berkeley, passed away in August. Could someone please take a moment and
verify the accuracy of this information for me? It's been passed along
through about 5 different people, and there seems to be some confusion.

As a somewhat amusing aside, at one point our own Kayta was being reported
as dead; I explained to several rather surprised people that the
information is either wildly incorrect, or Kayta is now e-mailing from the
Great Beyond, as she posted to this list either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks everyone, for helping with this "rumor control," and thanks, Kayta,
for giving me the opportunity to use Mark Twain's famous quote. ;-)

Dawn Jacobson