[HNW] trying to contact Bess Haddon of York

Laren laren at webcon.net.au
Wed Apr 23 17:28:43 PDT 2003

At 09:49 AM 24/04/2003 +0930, you wrote:
>Greetings...
>
>  I am researching an embroidered chemise, in
>the V&A museum (pics on internet not very clear)
>http://costume.dm.net/va/smocks.html
>the bottom one with red embroidery.
>  and found some more motifs from it, in
>Elizabeth's wardrobe Unlock'd, but am trying to track down more info and
>better pics so I can 'try' to recreate it. Do you have anything or know
>anyone with more pics or a more detailed source on this....
>Kat
>Innilgard

Kat,

I don't, but if you want to get in contact with local people, ie in Lochac,
you might want to consider joining the WCOB email list (Worshipful Company
of Broderers ie Lochac Embroiderers Guild). I'm not sure if Bess is on that
list but there are many others who would probably be able and willing to help.