[HNW] OT - Design & Coptic History (long)

Carolyn Kayta Barrows kayta at frys.com
Thu Apr 24 15:43:39 PDT 2003

>There are a few Coptic embroideries - Favorite places to look at Coptic
>textiles?  V&A of course; British Museum and Louvre.

Another place with quite a few of these is, oddly enough, the Roscrucian
Museum in San Jose.  None is a really spectacular example, but these are a
lot closer to LA (I assume you still live somewhere in CAID) than the other
side of the Atlantic is.  I haven't been there in a while, so I forget what
exactly they have, but last time I was there the exhibit filled a whole
smallish room.

         CarolynKayta Barrows
dollmaker, fibre artist, textillian
           www.FunStuft.com