[HNW] Dafydd's doublet

Bjarne og Leif Drews drewscph at post12.tele.dk
Sun Apr 27 05:04:05 PDT 2003

Dear Mistress Bunny.
Oh i am so sorry about your troubble with the eyes, i cross my fingers for
you, it is a nightmare.
You know i am well aware of my luck. It is something i think about often,
but i am nearsighted, so i have to use glasses when i embroider or make
lace. My eyes used to be very very fine, but age has turned me nearsighted.
The silk thread i have used for the suit was not twisted. It was a floss. It
comes from England, from Pipers Silk. It is the best quality i have ever
found, but it is also quite expensive. But it has the finest glossy effect
of all the threads i know. My thread was only 1 fold, so i used 2-4 threads
at a time because it is very thin and fine.
The other projekt, the francaise dress i make with chenille thread is
another thread. It is from Eterna Silk. It is a stranded silk floss. This is
thicker so it is also spedier to use. It is not as glossy and fine as Pipers
Silk, but it is more affordable and nice to use. I have just ordered more
than 300 skeins from them. They have such a lovely variety of colours, more
than 500. I said to myself resently, when i came back from England with a
lot of inspiration, that i should spoil myself a little because i am so
buisy with the embroidery, and spoiling myself would be to get a lot of
lovely colours of embroidery silk.
Now i am forceing myself to finish this embroidery for the francaise dress
so i can go on to a new projekt. The best moments is the planning of new
things. To get the right materials and the composition of the colours you
are going to use. It must be a lovely thing to be a designer for embroidery.
You only have to make a small sampler and not the tedious work to finish a
whole projekt. But this is not entirely right, i also love to sit and hear
my favourite concertos and embroider.
Why dont you use the time you have to take care of your eyes, to plan new
projekts? I surely hope the best for you, and i cross my fingers, and send
prayers also. Maybe it could help a little.............
Please let us hear how it goes for you in the future!

Best of luck

Bjarne

Leif og Bjarne Drews
www.my-drewscostumes.dk