[HNW] Elizabethan Embroidery Colors

Auna Oncay indiauna at cox-internet.com
Mon Aug 11 17:00:35 PDT 2003

Hello to the group.  Normally I just lurk and learn but today I need your
assistance.  I am wanting to do another Elizabethan Sweetbag, but this time
I need to find out what the colors of choice were.  I still have all of my
other documentation for the bag and the materials used, I just need the
colors.  If anyone knows, or can suggest a good book that would list some of
the colors, or even a dying book from that time period that I could read.
Any help at would be greatly appreciated.

Auriana Ravenstein
Principality of Gleann Abhann
Kingdom of Meridies
"So long as we love we serve; So long as we are loved by others, We are
indispensable; And no man is useless while he has a friend."  Unknown.