[HNW] Elizabethan Embroidery Colors

Allison263@aol.com Allison263 at aol.com
Mon Aug 18 05:19:58 PDT 2003

In a message dated 8/11/03 10:22:46 PM, indiauna at cox-internet.com writes:

<< If only I could document beadwork I would be a

very happy camper.  >>

Greetings,

I know that this post is old, forgive me for answering so late---I have been
at the Pennsic War.

Beadwork is most definitely period. There are numerous examples of items in
which the designs are completely filled with beads. As a matter of fact, one
lady at the A&S display at Pennsic was showing the photographs she took of a
beaded purse in the V&A dated sometime in the 14th century (I'm fuzzy on the
exact date, so please don't quote me on that). It was gorgeous. Lots of close ups
of the beads. When I get unpacked I will post the URL for her website where
the photos are posted.

Regards,
Gabrielle