[HNW] Laurel Bead Bashing (was: Elizabethan Embroidery Colors)

vwalk94@bellsouth.net vwalk94 at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 18 13:00:43 PDT 2003

The hardest part of working with them was getting in touch with the right person. I called about 4 different people leaving messages, before I got hold of the right person. I'll send you her email addy when I get to my home computer where I have it saved, if you want it.

They have some 16th century cushions done in the "Assisi" style, but they weren't done with any kind of cross stitch. I'd contacted them to get more construction info, i.e. size, materials, stitches, colors (color pics) and details on the buttons and loops. They were very helpful in providing all of the info I needed. Also, for an interesting note, the background of the cushions is done just like blackwork so that it's completely reversible, in an up-close picture you can tell that it looks like they've embroidered a billion little squares. Very pretty.

Genevieve