[HNW] RE: Laurel Bead Bashing (was: Elizabethan Embroidery Colors)

Chris Laning claning at igc.org
Mon Aug 18 14:40:43 PDT 2003

At 1:46 PM -0500 8/18/03, Auna Oncay wrote:
>Is there a link for Isabella Gardner Stewart Museum?  What did you have them
>help you with?

You'll have better luck finding it as "Isabella Stewart Gardner"
(easy to get confused!). It's at http://www.gardnermuseum.org/

As far as the question about how the beads were attached goes --
whatever I know about it I've learned from looking at lots of
pictures, especially closeup pictures and pictures of beadwork that's
falling apart. There's a good closeup photo of a pearled halo from
the vestments of the Golden Fleece that shows a pearl dangling and
just about to fall off -- and you can see that in that case at least,
the pearls were simply strung on a thread which was tacked down
between every few beads. You can see it (sort of) at:
in the folder with the Beadwork article.